• Anyone above 12 years can become member of Chakram Hikers.
• A person desirous of taking a membership shall forward completely filled
in application form along with two passport size photographs, an entry fee
and requisite fee to Chakram Office.
• All rights and privileges of a Member will be available to an applicant
only on approval of application by the Committee.
• It is not binding on the Committee to give reasons for rejection of
• Yearly member should deposit his membership fees for the next year before
31st March every year. In case of failing to do so, his membership will
expire on 31st March and he will have to pay guest fee for participating in
any Trek / Event thereafter.
• A member whose membership has expired will be required to pay entry fee
for fresh membership.
• Every member will be issued an Identity Card. Carrying and production of
the Identity Card on demand during any trek/event would be mandatory. A
member without an Identity Card will have to pay guest fee to take part in
• In case of loss of Identity Card, Duplicate Identity Card will be issued
on submission of two passport photographs and payment of Rs. 5/-.
• The Committee, if required, will take appropriate action against the
member and participant of every trek / event who violates the rules and
regulations as laid down in rule 16.
Rule 16 – Rules & Regulations for Treks :
• A trek will always be led by two people. The Leader will always be the
first and the co-leader the last.
• Any decision taken by the Leader will be final and binding on all the
participants. For every trek, the Leader's position would be higher than any
Managing Committee Member of the organization.
• Tasks allotted by the Leader should be performed diligently by every
• Every member will follow the pre-set time table for the trek.
• Each trekker shall protect the flora and fauna and try not to deface or
damage any monument by writing or scribbling on it.
• While overtaking other participant, adequate warning should be given.
• Trekkers following behind should be warned of loose rocks / stones let
loose from under your feet to avoid / prevent accidents.
• Always keep villagers apprised of any grave situation that could arise on
the way, and if needed, help them.
• On no account should a participant go ahead of the leader or fall back
behind the co-leader.
• No one should leave the campsite without the prior permission of the
leader / co-leader.
• Before leaving Camp site, it should be cleared, cleaned and smoldering
fires put off completely.
• The Leader has right to make necessary changes in the time-table of the
trek without prior intimation.
• Liquor and non-vegetarian food are strictly prohibited during the trek /
• Smoking is allowed only at specific places in camp sites and prohibited
while on the move.
• Care should be taken of all trekking / mountaineering / camping equipment.
• Each participant shall behave in line with the objects of the club and not
harm the reputation of the club.
• Any flouting of rules and instructions as well as rude behaviour would be
dealt with severely.
• Every participant wishing to take part in the trek should, prior to the
trek, submit his name along with requisite fee to the leader or at the
administrative office, except when notified otherwise.
• Each participant shall carry a packed lunch, Cap. Shoes, Water Bottle,
Torch, Plate, Spoon, Glass and Personal Medicines for every trek.
• Hiking / Trekking / Rock climbing is an adventurous activity and accidents
can happen in spite of taking utmost caution and care. The club will not be
responsible for injury / accident / death to the participant while on trek.
• The club does not take responsibility for loss of participant’s